Self-Extinguising Flame and Flash Fire Protection plus Comfort and Duability
GORE® PYRAD® Fabric Technology offers a high level of protection from arc flash and flash fire threats by balancing flame resistance, thermal insulation, and thermal stability. The unique technology self-extinguishes flames so that the fabric does not continue to burn. When bonded to traditional textiles, PYRAD-based products include attributes such as low water pick-up, reduced weight, abrasion resistance, and the production of FR HI-VIS fabrics. Traditional non-FR textiles will continue to propagate flame, exhibit melting and dripping, and increase the potential of burn injury to the skin.
Garments made with GORE® PYRAD® Fabric Technology demonstrate low levels of burn injury prediction on PyroMan (ASTM F1930) tests, as reflected in the low incident of predicted second- and third-degree burn.
- Waterproof, windproof and breathable in a broad range of conditions
- Fast Dry-out time, low water pick-up
- Lightweight, flexible, drapable
- Enhanced protection against heat and flame threats
- Maintains physical integrity after exposure to heat and flame
- Self-extinguishing, including during exposure to flammable contaminants
- High abrasion resistance and colorfastness
- Resistant to cracking and tearing in low temperatures
- Enhanced durability due to waterproof characteristics
GORE® PYRAD® Fabric Technology offers:
- Water pick-up of face textile (oz/yd²)