- Construction Date 26 Jun 2017
- Category Technology
Flexibility Without Compromise
When added to a jacket or other item of outerwear, GORE-TEX Fabric with Stretch Technology helps war fighters feel more comfortable when running, climbing or engaging in any other activity, whether the climate is hot, temperate or cold, and without compromising fit or style. The unique, proprietary fabric is based on “low force-to-stretch” with outstanding recovery. The end result is a reduction in thermal burden, increased breathability and optimal comfort.
When added to a jacket in areas such as across the back and/or on the elbows, it allows for an athletic, close fit in warm climates where insulation isn’t needed. At the same time, the fabric can stretch and expand to accommodate insulative layers in colder conditions, without binding.
Durable Stretch & Recovery
- Low force-to-stretch with highly elastic properties
- Form fitting, athletic construction that offers enhanced freedom of movement
- Minimizes compression of under layers to ensure thickness of insulation is maintained and user warmth is not compromised
- Mechanically durable to tear and abrasion
Durably Waterproof & Windproof
- Durable weather protection ensures user and under layers remain dry and comfortable
- Reduces the accumulation of sweat so the wearer stays cool during activity and warm during cool-down
- Extends the range of utility to warmer conditions
- Maintains protection over time, even after exposure to DEET, JP-8, petroleum